Spiti “The Middle Land” is increasingly becoming famous among the adventure enthusiasts. Traveling on the wheels, on the off roads of the middle and the greater Himalayan ranges, gives an opportunity to drive on the world’s highest roads to an adventure seeker. The breath taking beauty of the barren and awesome landscape, lakes, monasteries , unique flora and fauna, large snow-capped mountains and extensive plains makes you to feel like in the heaven besides knowing tribal people and culture. Tour De Spiti takes you to the land of wonders “Spiti” which is more a part of “Little Tibet”.
Here goes your Itinerary
Day 1: Chandigarh – Narkanda (180 kms)
- Drive to Narkanda which is approximately 180 Kms from Chandigarh and 60 Kms. from Shimla. The village of Narkanda has some spectacular attractions making it a must visit location. The Luxury stay in offbeat location along with bonfire and music.
Day 2: Narkanda – Sangla (163 kms)
- Situated in a deep valley next to the Baspa River, Sangla offers the tourists a beautiful view of green mountains and apple orchards. Chhitkul village, the last village in Baspa valley borders Tibet on one side and Uttarakhand on the other, which is why it is also known as the last village of India. It’s one of the most scenic valleys in Himachal, and accommodation in camps is one of the best options with nature at its best and camping next to the river can blend up to the experience.
Day 3: Sangla – Nako (130 kms)
- Start your day early from Sangla and watch the vistas enroute over Hindustan Tibet border. Enjoy the drive besides Spiti and Satluj Rivers. This is the one of the most thrilling road. Visit Chitkul village, the last village in Baspa valley borders. Reach Nako by the evening and enjoy this quite Lake.
- Nako: Ne-Goh called in local direct meaning door way to pilgrimage, its beginning of trance Himalaya land scrape and is beginning of cold desert. It has a holy lake right in between village which has great significance to local Buddhist people living around.
Day 4: Nako – Giu Mummy – Tabo – Dhankar – Lingty Valley – Pin Valley (146 kms)
- Today you will experience the different driving exclusively for your trip. Post breakfast we will start our journey towards Pin Valley. Enroute we will explore Giu Village. After Giu we will head towards Tabo. After Lunch we will head towards Dhankar, take a shortcut to Latilung to Rama and reach Linghty Valley. After exploring Linghty Valley you will head towards Pin Valley. This day you will explore the most thrilling roads with scenic beauty.
- Tabo: Tabo is a 1000 years old monastery and contains many priceless Thanka paintings and artifacts including Pillar of a Thousand Buddhas. This monastery is listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The entry to monastery which is spread over 6300 square meters is made of earthen walls and covered with beautiful frescoes. These paintings depict various lives of Buddha and stories from Jataka tales painted in typical Tibetan style. You can also visit nearby caves which are used by monks to meditate in solitude and introspection. Stay is at Hotel Dewachen Retreat Tabo.
- Dankar: Damg-khar , where khar means palace and used to be winter capital of Spiti ruled by prince known as nonos in local dialect, till very recent. It has a monastery which is recognized as 100 most endangered monuments under UNESCO and falls under Gelukpa sect of Tibetan Buddhism, the whole village is situated on a cliff overlooking the confluence of pin and Spiti river.
- Lingty Valley: Right opposite to Pin Valley is Lingty valley, which is famous for its high peaks and beautiful landscape there are couple of villages like Lalung which is famous for it serkhang which in locals is believed to be older than Tabo monastery.
- Pin Valley: It’s one of the largest valleys in Spiti, a part of it scenic landscape its famous for its flora and fauna, falling under great Himalayan national park is favourite among wildlife photographers and for trekking enthusiasts there are two main treks which starts from pin valley, pin baba pass which end down at khafnu in kinnaur and another one is pin P?rbati pass which ends down in Parvati valley Kullu district, a part of this there are multiple short treks in side Pin Valley. Pin valley follows Ningmapa sect of Tibetan Buddhism. Ningma coming from word called Ningba literately means oldest in Tibetan dialect, it is the oldest sect in Tibetan Buddhism and on that they follow unique lineage of Bhuchen practice (a part of tantric buddhism) which is indeed only practiced in pin valley and not anywhere else in world not even in Tibet. Here you have the only monastery following to Ningmapa sect called Kungri monastery. Overnight stay is at Hotel Deyzor.
Day 5: Pin Valley – Kaza – Key Monastery – Kibber – Kaza
- Today we will visit Key monastery and Kibber village. Key monastery is the largest monastery in the Spiti valley. Established in the 11th century, it has ancient Buddhist scrolls and paintings. It also houses the largest no. of Buddhist Monks and nuns. Kibber is the highest village in the world which is connected by motor-able road and also has its own polling station during election. Overnight stay is at Hotel Deyzor.
Day 6: Kaza – Hikkim – Komic – Kaza
- This day is splited in two parts. After breakfast we will go to Langza and Komic.
- Langza: This day you can carry some post cards to post from Hikkim village and a packed lunch that you can enjoy in the grassy meadows of this high altitude terrain. Hikkim has one of the highest polling stations in world.
- Komic: It is one of the highest villages connected with road inhabited throughout winter, at 4500 meters. This village has a ancient monastery following Sakyapa sect of Tibetan Buddhism called as Tangud. Overnight stay is at Hotel Deyzor.
Day 7: Kaza – Chandertaal
- After breakfast you will depart for Chandratal Lake (13000 ft.).
- Chandertal Lake is a high altitude lake with a backdrop of stunning Himalayan views. July -Sept is the period when lake is accessible.
- The lake is 8 km drive after crossing Kunzum La pass. Spend your day relaxing at the lake.
- Overnight stay at camp site.
Day 8: Chandrataal – Manali
- Depart for Manali after breakfast. Reach Manali in the evening and enjoy Gala Dinner and Cocktails.
- Here are some surprises for you at the end of the trip.
- Overnight stay is at Thunderworld Club.
Day 9: Manali – Chandigarh
- Depart for Chandigarh after breakfast.
- Ride over the high altitude passes: Zunzum Pass (4590 Mts asl) and Rohtang Pass (4000 mts. asl)
- One of the most Deadliest Roads in the world according to History Channel.
- One of the World’s highest inhabited village on earth (Kibber)
- Mesmerizing Chandrataal Lake.
- Experience the culture and monasteries of the Spiti.
- Highest peak in Himachal Pradesh (Reo Purgyil).
- Carefully crafted itinerary giving us appropriate time to keep our mind and body relaxed to enjoy this beautiful and long journey to the fullest and to experience local delicacies and culture even better.
- And moreover, we will be riding as a group does not mean that we have to cover the said distance anyhow. If any rider is not comfortable in doing so, we will go with the majority keeping every rider’s aspect into consideration.
- Meal Plan MAP. (8 Breakfast, 8 Dinner)
- Accommodation in Hotels, Lodges, American Safari Tents on Double/Triple Sharing Basis.
- First Aid Kit.
- Backup Vehicle with Backup Mechanic all the time.
- Tour Guide cum Trip Leader during the tour.
- Fuel excluded.
- Bike Rental.
- Security Deposit for Bike.
- Parking and Permit charges of any kind will be excluded.
- Rider will be charged for the spare parts such as cluch wire,cluch plates,chain links,engine oil etc. if used during the trip.
- Cost of any form rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Personal expenses of any kind.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation 30 days prior to the trip- 100% return.
- Cancellation 15 days prior to the trip- 50% return.
- Cancellation less than 15 days prior to the trip- No Refund.
- Cancellation policy in case of inclement weather :-
In case of rough weather, we (Adventure Singh) have the full discretion, whether to go ahead with the trip/expedition or not. In case of cancellation due to rough weather, we will provide you with an alternate trip. The dates and the cost of trip may vary. In such cases following will apply:-
a. Cost of alternate trip > Cost of booked trip: Customer has to pay extra difference in cost
b. Cost of alternate trip < Cost of booked trip: Customer will be paid back the extra difference in cost.
c. In case we (Adventure Singh) are unable to find a replacement for the trip, customer will get the full refund.
Things to Carry
- A pair of sports shoes
- 2 pair of woolen socks
- 2 pair of cotton socks
- 2 sweatshirts
- 1 Track pants
- A pair of chapalls/slippers
- Cold cream
- Sunscreen lotion(SPF-50 or higher)
- Tooth paste and tooth brush
- Liquid soap and shampoo sachets
- Face wash
- Water bottle/Sipper
- Rain coat
- Ruck sack bag.
- Diamox (Acetazolamide) – Used as a prophylactic for acute mountain sickness and as an aid for acclimatization.
- Crocin Pain Relief – Relief from pain/ache and fever.
- Brufen (400mg) – Relief from mild to severe body pain.
- Entroquinol – Relief from Diarrhea (Mild).
- Streptsils Lozenges – Chewable tablets for sore throat.
- Relispray – Ayurvedic spray for aches and sprains.
- Lip guard
P.S-Take necessary instructions from your family doctor before taking any of the above mentioned tablets.