Tibet and Ladakh have so much in common and this is the very reason Ladakh is known as the “Little Tibet”. From the cold arid mountains and passes to tranquil Tibetan Monasteries and huge glaciers of snow make Ladakh a mirror image of Tibet which is world renowned for its allurement.
The visit to this little Tibet is a treat for the eyes and spirit combined.
Here goes your itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Srinagar
Arrival in Srinagar and you will be transferred to your hotel. Evening is free to explore Srinagar and prepare yourself for the long Journey starting the next day.
Day 02: Srinagar- Sonamarg- Kargil (7/8 Hrs drive 204 Kms)
After Breakfast, start the journey towards Kargil. We take early Lunch break at the Golden Meadows of Sonamarg. After Lunch we move towards the first pass on NH1 (ZojiLa Pass). Enjoy the beauty of the glaciers and Large green meadows along the way. Take a break at the ZojiLa Top to have a sip of delightful Kawa. Continue drive towards Drass (second coldest inhibited place in the world). Visit the Kargil War memorial which is just 5 Kms from Drass along the Kargil road. Drass – Kargil stretch is the best on the NH1. Enjoy the ride of the lifetime, before reaching Kargil. Overnight camping at Kargil.
Day 03: Kargil to Ule / Alchi (150Km / 4-5 Hrs)
After Breakfast, depart from Kargil. En-route visit the monasteries of Mulbek and Lamayuru. Visit the Highest point on the NH1 Fotu La. Lamayuru also known as Moonland for its solid rock structure which seems out of this planet Earth. Take a Break at Lamayuru for Lunch. Post lunch drive along the Indus River to Ule / Alchi . Overnight in Ule/Alchi.
Day 04: Alchi/Ule to leh( 95 Km / 4 Hrs)
After Breakfast visit Alchi monastery, LikirMonastery, Basgo Palace, Sangam (Indus and Zanskar Confluence), Magnetic Hill & Gurdwara Patthar Sahib before reaching Leh by Afternoon. Stroll around the Leh market and visit Shanti Stupa in the evening to see the breathtaking view of Leh city. Stay overnight in Leh.
Day 05: Leh to Nubra via Khardoong la (135 Km / 5 hrs)
After breakfast, we embark our journey to the land of cold deserts and double humped camels, Nubra Valley via Khardung La (highest motor-able road in the world, 18,380 ft). Arrive at Deskit by afternoon. After Lunch, set out for Hunder to enjoy the ride on the double humped camels on the sand Dunes. Rest of the day is free to explore Hunder Village. Overnight in Hunder.
Day 06: Nubra Valley (Local Sightseeing) and back to Leh
After breakfast, visit Diskit monastery and take a stroll around the place to see the life style of people living in this part of the country. Drive back to leh via Khardungla. Spend some time at the Khardungla Top for customary photographs with the sign board confirming that you are on the highest motor-able road. Overnight in Leh.
Day 07: Leh to Pangong Tso (160 Km / 6 Hrs one way)
After an early breakfast, we proceed to Pangong via ChangLa which is the third highest motorable road in the world. Enjoy the beauty of lake on the banks of Pangong Tso while appreciating the changing colors of the high Altitude salt water Lake. Visit the spots where famous movies ‘3 Idiots’ and ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ were shot. Camping along the shores of Pangong Tso in Spangmik village.
Day 08: Pangong Lake to Leh
After breakfast, we track back to Leh via same route. Take a small Halt ChangLa Cafeteria for a hot cup of Tea/Coffee. After photography session at the top, proceed downwards to get to the city of Leh. Along the way you can visit Hemis Monastery which is the most famous Monastery in the Ladakh Region. Take a stroll in the local leh market for shopping. Overnight stay in Leh.
Day 09: Departure: Leh – Fly Out (Airfare not included)
Transfer to the airport to catch the early morning flight back to New Delhi. Make sure you reach the airport early as this airport is shared by the Indian Air force also.
- Conquer the highest motor-able road of the world: Khardung La, 5540 mts. above sea level.
- Visit the Pangong Lake. The trans-boundary 130 kms long blue watered lake surrounded by snow clad mountains. The same lake featured in Bollywood flicks, ‘3-idiots’ and ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’. It is the Highest Salt Water Lake in the world also.
- Camping on the Shores of the Beautiful Pangong Lake.
- Experience the culture and monasteries of the Little Tibet of India, Ladakh.
- Visit to Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Shanti Stupa, Thikshey Monastery, Hall Of Fame and Magnetic Hill and Shey Palace.
- Carefully crafted itinerary giving us appropriate time to keep our mind and body relaxed and acclimatized to enjoy this beautiful and long journey to the fullest and to experience local delicacies and culture even better.
- Meal Plan MAP. (8 Breakfast, 8 Dinner)
- Accommodation in Hotels, Lodges, American Safari Tents on Double/Triple Sharing Basis.
- Camping at Pangong Tso.
- First Aid Kit.
- Parking and Permit charges of any kind will be excluded.
- Personal expense of any kind.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion section.
Things to carry
- A pair of sports shoes
- 2 pair of woolen socks
- 2 pair of cotton socks
- 2 sweatshirts
- 1 Track pants
- A pair of chapalls/slippers
- Cold cream
- Sunscreen lotion(SPF-50 or higher)
- Tooth paste and tooth brush
- Liquid soap and shampoo sachets
- Water bottle/Sipper
- Rain coat
- Ruck sack bag
- Diamox(Acetazolamide) – Used as a prophylactic for acute mountain sickness and as an aid for acclimatization.
- Crocin Pain relief – Relief from pain/ache and fever.
- Brufen(400mg) – Relief from mild to severe body pain.
- Entroquinol – Relief from loose motion(Mild).
- Streptsils Lozenges – Chewable tablets for sore throat.
- Relispray – Ayurvedic spray for aches and sprains.
P.S-Take necessary instructions from your family doctor before taking any of the above mentioned tablets.
Phone service and Connectivity
- Only postpaid connections work here.
- Only Airtel or B.S.N.L provide services.
- Other service provider in roaming agreement with the above two also provide service there.
- You can check with your service provider and get the documentation done.
- You can use telephone booths all along or use telephone booths.
- Obviously Adventure Singh will be there during all emergency situations.
- Please consult a physician for the use of Diamox as it is a sulpha Drug and allergic people may face problem by the use of this medicine.
- Day One is kept for Acclimatization purpose, Please make sure you don’t physically exert yourself.
- People having asthma and other cardiac problems, please consult a doctor regarding the effects of AMS and Carry your medicines separately.
We plan our trips with all R&D and make every effort to make your trip memorable and adventurous. We have to take unpredictability of weather and rough topography into consideration as well. Trip cost may vary if the days are extended due to unforeseen circumstances as we have to make alternate arrangements.