Picture Srinagar-The land of lush green mountains, snow covered peaks and mesmerizing lakes.
Now picture Leh-Cold Arid yet beautiful with snow capped mountains and passes with lakes such as Pangong.
The transition from Srinagar to Leh creates such natural wonders that are rare and exquisite. The journey from Srinagar to Leh is definitely a dream come true.
Here goes your itinerary
Day 1: Arrival at Srinagar
After arrival at Srinagar Airport, Our AS representative will greet you and guide you to your Houseboat. He will give you briefing about the tour plan, local weather and dos and don’ts. Check In, take rest and enjoy the beauty of the beautiful dal lake. Enjoy Shikara Ride in the evening.
Day 2: Srinagar – Sonamarg – Zozi La Pass (3450m) – Drass – Kargil
Today we will ride through the famous tourist destinations Sonamarg and Ganderbal to reach the “Land of Martyrs”, Kargil and visit War Memorial at Drass. We will cover Zoji La along the way. Green Pastures on both sides of the road and local shepherds grazing their cattle is a treat to the eyes. Don’t forget to enjoy delightful Kawa at ZojiLa Top. Overnight stay at Kargil.
Distance Covered: 200 kms.
Day 3: Kargil – Namik La (3700m) – Fotu La (4100m) – Lamayuru – Leh
We will travel across some famous passes of the region to reach Leh, the administrative capital of Ladakh, famously known as “Little Tibet of India”. Fotu La is the highest point, on the NH1. It’s the same highway which was under attack in the Kargil war. You can also visit lamayuru Monastery, Sangam (Zanskar and Indus River), Magnetic Hill and Gurudwara Paththar Sahib on your way to Leh. Overnight Stay at Leh.
Distance Covered: 210 kms.
Day 4: At and Around Leh
Today we will pay obeisance at some of the famous monasteries of the region viz. Thikshey Monastery, Shanti Stupa, Shey Palace, Stok Palace and Hall of Fame. Shanti stupa was built by the Japanese Buddhist Bhikshu in 1991. Hall of fame is maintained by the Indian Army. Stay overnight in Leh.
Day 5: Leh – Khardung La (5359m) – Leh
Khardung La needs no introduction, if you are an avid traveler. It is world’s highest motor-able road at an altitude of 5359 meters ASL. On the other side of Khardungla lies in the cold deserts of Nubra valley. Army deputed at the siachen base camp, use this pass to commute. Track Back the same route to get to Leh. Overnight stay again in Leh.
Distance Covered: 260 kms.
Day 6: Leh – Pangong
Today we travel through the third highest Motorable road (Changla) to get to the Changthang region. Take a break at Tangtse for lunch. Do look out for Marmot along the way. Marmots are large squirrels found in this region. Then you get the first look of the serene Pangong Lake. Drive along the lake for 4 -5 Kms to get to the 3 Idiots point and another 10 mins drive to get to the camps at spangmik Village. Camping at Pangong.
Distance Covered: 150 kms.
Day 7: Pangong – Leh
Track Back the Same route to get to Leh. Today you will be having a day off to explore local market and leisure around. Night stay at Leh guest house.
Distance Covered: 150 kms.
Day 8: Departure
After Breakfast, checkout from Hotel and you will be dropped at Leh Airport.
- Conquer the highest motor-able road of the world: Khardung La, 5540 mts. above sea level.
- Visit the Pangong Lake. The trans-boundary 130 kms long blue watered lake surrounded by snow clad mountains. The same lake featured in Bollywood flicks, ‘3-idiots’ and ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’. It is the Highest Salt Water Lake in the world also.
- Camping on the Shores of the Beautiful Pangong Lake.
- Experience the culture and monasteries of the Little Tibet of India, Ladakh.
- Visit to Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Shanti Stupa, Thikshey Monastery, Hall Of Fame and Magnetic Hill and Shey Palace.
- Carefully crafted itinerary giving us appropriate time to keep our mind and body relaxed and acclimatized to enjoy this beautiful and long journey to the fullest and to experience local delicacies and culture even better.
- Meal Plan MAP. (7 Breakfast, 7 Dinner)
- Accommodation in Hotels, Lodges, American Safari Tents on Double/Triple Sharing Basis.
- Camping at Pangong Tso.
- First Aid Kit.
- Parking and Permit charges of any kind will be excluded.
- Personal expense of any kind.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion section.
Things to carry:
- A pair of sports shoes
- 2 pair of woolen socks
- 2 pair of cotton socks
- 2 sweatshirts
- 1 Track pants
- A pair of chapalls/slippers
- Cold cream
- Sunscreen lotion(SPF-50 or higher)
- Tooth paste and tooth brush
- Liquid soap and shampoo sachets
- Water bottle/Sipper
- Rain coat
- Ruck sack bag
- Diamox(Acetazolamide) – Used as a prophylactic for acute mountain sickness and as an aid for acclimatization.
- Crocin Pain relief – Relief from pain/ache and fever.
- Brufen(400mg) – Relief from mild to severe body pain.
- Entroquinol – Relief from loose motion(Mild).
- Streptsils Lozenges – Chewable tablets for sore throat.
- Relispray – Ayurvedic spray for aches and sprains.
P.S-Take necessary instructions from your family doctor before taking any of the above mentioned tablets.
Phone service and Connectivity:
- Only postpaid connections work here.
- Only Airtel or B.S.N.L provide services.
- Other service provider in roaming agreement with the above two also provide service there.
- You can check with your service provider and get the documentation done.
- You can use telephone booths all along or use telephone booths.
- Obviously Adventure Singh will be there during all emergency situations.
- Please consult a physician for the use of Diamox as it is a sulpha Drug and allergic people may face problem by the use of this medicine.
- Day One is kept for Acclimatization purpose, Please make sure you don’t physically exert yourself.
- People having asthma and other cardiac problems, please consult a doctor regarding the effects of AMS and Carry your medicines separately.
We plan our trips with all R&D and make every effort to make your trip memorable and adventurous. We have to take unpredictability of weather and rough topography into consideration as well. Trip cost may vary if the days are extended due to unforeseen circumstances as we have to make alternate arrangements.