You might wonder if there is a place for the spiritual cleansing of your soul. Visit the monasteries of Ladakh and you will find answers to all your questions. The serenity and tranquility are the terms to describe these monasteries of Ladakh.
The more time you spend here more harmonious the life becomes. Visit these monasteries to cleanse your soul and to bust the hardships of life.
Here goes your itinerary
Day 01: Arrive Leh (3505 meters / 11567 feet)
Arrival at Leh Airport and then transfer to the Hotel. Our representative will greet you and brief you about the trip plan and dos and don’ts. We recommend that you spend the rest of the day in leisure so you acclimatize to the high altitude. A relaxed day exploring Leh city which also include visits to Shanti Stupa and Leh Palace. Stay overnight in Leh.
Day 02: Leh – Uleytokpo/ Alchi (75 Km)
After breakfast, we proceed for sightseeing on the NH 1 (Leh – Srinagar Highway). Visit the Hall of Fame & Gurudwara Patthar Sahib along the way. Both are maintained by the Indian Army. We proceed further to get to Magnetic Hill. Try to figure out the one of its kind Landscape Illusion and then we reach the confluence of Zanskar and Indus rivers. Visit Alchi Monastery, Likir & Basgo. Check-in the camp in Alchi / Uleytokpo and stay overnight.
Day 03: Uleytokpo/ Alchi – Leh
After breakfast, we make our journey towards Lamayuru, famously known as Moonland. This place is called Moonland because of the rock structure which resembles Moon surface (i.e. something out of this world). Visit the Lamayuru Monastery as well. After Lunch, follow the same route to get to leh, for overnight stay.
Day 04: Leh to Nubra (135 Km / 5 hrs)
After breakfast, we embark our journey to the land of cold deserts and double humped camels, Nubra Valley via Khardung La (highest motor-able road in the world, 18,380 ft). Arrive at Diskit by afternoon. After Lunch, set out for Hunder to enjoy the ride on the double humped camels on the sand Dunes. Rest of the day is free to explore Hunder Village. Overnight in Hunder.
Day 05: Nubra Valley (Local Sightseeing) to Leh
After breakfast, visit Diskit monastery and take a stroll around the village to see the lifestyle of people living in this part of the country. Drive back to leh via Khardungla. Spend some time at the Khardungla Top for customary photographs with the sign board confirming that you are on the highest motor-able road. Overnight in Leh.
Day 06: Leh to Pangong Lake Via ChangLa
After an early breakfast, we proceed to Pangong via ChangLa which is the third highest motor-able road in the world. Enjoy the beauty of lake on the banks of Pangong Tso while appreciating the changing colors of the high Altitude salt water Lake. Visit the spots where famous movies ‘3 Idiots’ and ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ were shot. Camping along the shores of Pangong Tso in Spangmik village.
Day 07: Pangong Lake to Leh Via Hemis
After breakfast, we track back to Leh via same route. Take a small Halt at ChangLa Cafeteria for a hot cup of Tea/Coffee. After photography session at the top, proceed downwards to get to the city of Leh. Along the way you can visit Hemis Monastery which is the most famous Monastery in the Ladakh Region. Take a stroll in the local leh market for shopping. Overnight stay in Leh.
Day 08: Departure: Leh – Fly Out – (Airfare not included)
Post breakfast, transfer to the airport to catch the early morning flight back to New Delhi. Make sure you reach the airport early as this airport is shared by the Indian Airforce also.
- Conquer the highest motor-able road of the world: Khardung La, 5540 mts. above sea level.
- Visit the Pangong Lake. The trans-boundary 130 kms long blue watered lake surrounded by snow clad mountains. The same lake featured in Bollywood flicks, ‘3-idiots’ and ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’. It is the Highest Salt Water Lake in the world also.
- Camping on the Shores of the Beautiful Pangong Lake.
- Experience the culture and monasteries of the Little Tibet of India, Ladakh.
- Visit to Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Shanti Stupa, Thikshey Monastery, Hall Of Fame and Magnetic Hill and Shey Palace.
- Visit the Oldest monastery (Alchi) in Leh.
- Carefully crafted itinerary giving us appropriate time to keep our mind and body relaxed and acclimatized to enjoy this beautiful and long journey to the fullest and to experience local delicacies and culture even better.
- Meal Plan MAP. (7 Breakfast, 7 Dinner)
- Accommodation in Hotels, Lodges, American Safari Tents on Double/Triple Sharing Basis.
- Camping at Hunder and Pangong Tso.
- First Aid Kit.
- Parking and Permit charges of any kind will be excluded.
- Personal expense of any kind.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion section.
Things to carry
- A pair of sports shoes
- 2 pair of woolen socks
- 2 pair of cotton socks
- 2 sweatshirts
- 1 Track pants
- A pair of chapalls/slippers
- Cold cream
- Sunscreen lotion(SPF-50 or higher)
- Tooth paste and tooth brush
- Liquid soap and shampoo sachets
- Water bottle/Sipper
- Rain coat
- Ruck sack bag
- Diamox(Acetazolamide) – Used as a prophylactic for acute mountain sickness and as an aid for acclimatization.
- Crocin Pain relief – Relief from pain/ache and fever.
- Brufen(400mg) – Relief from mild to severe body pain.
- Entroquinol – Relief from loose motion(Mild).
- Streptsils Lozenges – Chewable tablets for sore throat.
- Relispray – Ayurvedic spray for aches and sprains.
P.S-Take necessary instructions from your family doctor before taking any of the above mentioned tablets.
Phone service and Connectivity
- Only postpaid connections work here.
- Only Airtel or B.S.N.L provide services.
- Other service provider in roaming agreement with the above two also provide service there.
- You can check with your service provider and get the documentation done.
- You can use telephone booths all along or use telephone booths.
- Obviously Adventure Singh will be there during all emergency situations.
- Please consult a physician for the use of Diamox as it is a sulpha Drug and allergic people may face problem by the use of this medicine.
- Day One is kept for Acclimatization purpose, Please make sure you don’t physically exert yourself.
- People having asthma and other cardiac problems, please consult a doctor regarding the effects of AMS and Carry your medicines separately.
We plan our trips with all R&D and make every effort to make your trip memorable and adventurous. We have to take unpredictability of weather and rough topography into consideration as well. Trip cost may vary if the days are extended due to unforeseen circumstances as we have to make alternate arrangements.