Leh, Ladakh famous amongst the biking and off-roading community is the latest tourist destination in India which is becoming equally famous amongst the adventure enthusiasts and the regular tourists.
Leh is a small town which is accessible by road only in summer. Mid June to Mid October is the time when umpteen Biker groups throng this small Himalayan town. High altitude passes, serene lakes, ancient monasteries and cold deserts will definitely take your breath away. Come this summer and join us for a journey of lifetime.
Here goes your Itinerary
Day 1: Manali – Keylong
- Our AS representative will brief you about the tour plan and then we start our journey towards Keylong.
- Today we cover the first pass along NH 21 (Manali – Leh Highway), Rohtang Pass.
- We enter the Lahaul valley which is totally cut off from the rest of India in winters as rohtang pass is closed due to heavy snowfall.
- You can see confluence of Chandra and Bhaga rivers which forms Chenab at Tandi. There is also a detour from Tandi which leads to the Pangi Valley and the Mighty Sach Pass.
- Later in the evening we can visit Kardang Monastery which is 5 Kms from Keylong on the other side of Bhaga River.
- Overnight stay at Keylong which is just half an hour’s journey from Tandi.
Day 2: Keylong -Sarchu
- Today we cover the famous Baralacha La to reach the grazing fields of Sarchu.
- Along the way you can see Surajtal which is the source of river Bhaga (Tributary of Chenab).
- Sarchu serves as a camping ground for the travelers, grazing fields for the local nomads and base camp for acclimatization for trekkers and the Indian Army.
- This place is a heaven for star gazers and photographers interested in Landscape and Night photography.
- Make sure you carry enough thermals as the temperature dips drastically at night because of the constant winds that flow in this area.
- Camping at Sarchu.
Day 3: Sarchu – Leh
- After breakfast we start our journey towards Leh. We will cover 3 High altitude passes along with the second highest motor-able road on the earth.
- Gata loops and Moore plains are some the geographical features that will take your breath away. Gata Loops are 21 Hair pin bends which will increase the altitude by 800 Metres in less than an hour.
- After crossing Nakki La there is a small water stream known as Whiskey Nallah. It is very difficult to cross this stream if it rains.
- Moore plain is a 40 Km straight stretch which gives you the feeling of being on the roof of the world. You can see Local Nomads grazing their cattle in this area.
- Drive along the Indus to reach the city of Leh. Overnight Stay in Leh.
Day 4: Leh Local
- Today we cover famous places in and around Leh like Stok Palace, Hall Of Fame, Thikshey Monastery, 3 Idiots School and Shanti Stupa.
- Shanti stupa was built by Japanese Bhikshu in 1991 and it provices the Bird’s eye view of the Leh City.
- Hall of Fame and Gurudwara paththar sahib is managed by the army. All these places lie along the NH1 which goes till Srinagar.
- Drive Back to Hotel in the evening for dinner. You can explore the Leh market after the Dinner.
Day 5: Leh – Khardung La (5359m) – Nubra Valley
- Today we go the land of Double Humped Camels i.e Hunder (Nubra Valley).
- Along the way we will cross the Highest Motor-able road Khardung La.
- We won’t be spending time at the Khardung La Top today, because of acclimatization issues.
- Relax and spend your evening on the sand dunes of the Hunder and enjoy the ride of the double Humped Camels.
- Sky lit up by the countless stars makes for a perfect treat for the star gazers.
Day 6: Back to Leh
- Track back the same route to get to Leh.
- We will visit Dikshet Monastery and spend some time at the Khardung La Top along the way.
- Landscape similar to Grand Canyon can be seen along the way between North Pallu and Diskit.
Day 7: Leh – Chang La – Pangong Tso
- Today we will take a journey to the serene Trans Himalayan Lake, Pangong Tso.
- Tso in local language means Lake. Pangong Tso is shared by China and India, 30 percent is in india and rest lies in China.
- Enjoy the serenity of the lake at the 3 Idiots point.
- Camping in the middle of Himalayas under the cover of million stars on the shores of the beautiful lake will make for unforgettable memoirs.
- Camping will be in Spangmik village which is on the shores of Pangong lake.
Day 8: Pangong – Leh
- Track Back the Same route to get to Leh. Day off to explore the local market of Leh.
- Try out local cuisines and restaurants along the famous Changspa and Old Fort Road.
- It’s a delight for the shopaholics as you can get local Pashmina over here. Night stay at Leh.
Day 9: Leh – Kargil
- After Breakfast, we continue our journey on NH 1 towards Kargil.
- We will visit places like Magnetic Hill, Gurudwara Paththar Sahib, Sangam (Confluence of Zanskar and Indus rivers) along the way.
- We take a break at Lamayuru for Lunch. We can also visit Lamayuru Monastery which was founded in 11th century.
- After lunch we cover 2 high altitude passes to get to the famous town of Kargil. Overnight camping at Kargil.
Day 10: Kargil – Srinagar
- Today we start our journey to the Kashmir valley via Drass and Zoji La.
- Drass is famous for being the second coldest inhabited place on the earth. Do savor Kawa at the Zojila Top.
- After crossing Zoji La you enter the Kashmir Valley. Break for lunch at the Sonamarg, famously known for its golden meadows and glaciers.
- After lunch we continue our journey to Srinagar. Enjoy the evening with Shikara ride in the famous Dal Lake. Overnight stay in Houseboat.
Day 11: Departure from Srinagar
Post breakfast, check-out from your hotel. Depart from Srinagar for your onward journey.
- Ride the second highest motor-able road of the world: Tanglang La, 5350 mts. above sea level.
- Conquer the highest motor-able road of the world: Khardung La, 5540 mts. above sea level.
- Visit the Pangong Lake. The trans-boundary 130 kms long blue watered lake surrounded by snow clad mountains. The same lake featured in Bollywood flicks, ‘3-idiots’ and ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’.
- Experience the culture and monasteries of the Little Tibet of India, Ladakh.
- Visit to Pathar Sahab Gurudwara,Shanti Stupa, Shey Monastery.
- Travel across the famous Gata loops.
- Visit high altitude sand dunes and double hump camels at Nubra Valley.
- Visit ‘ Alchi Monastery’, the oldest monastery in Ladakh. Founded in 11th century.
- Carefully crafted itinerary giving us appropriate time to keep our mind and body relaxed and acclimatized to enjoy this beautiful and long journey to the fullest and to experience local delicacies and culture even better.
- Meal Plan MAP. (10 Breakfast, 10 Dinner)
- Accommodation in Hotels, Lodges, American Safari Tents on Double/Triple Sharing Basis.
- Insurance cover of the rider during the ride tenure.
- First Aid Kit.
- Backup Vehicle with Backup Mechanic all the time.
- Tour Guide cum Trip Leader during the tour.
- Fuel excluded.
- Bike rental excluded.
- In some cases the Bikes from outside state are not permitted in Leh. Bike Rental for Leh will be charged extra for those Days
- Parking and Permit charges of any kind will be excluded.
- Rider will be charged for the spare parts such as clutch wire,clutch plates,chain links,engine oil etc. if used during the trip.
- Cost of any form rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Personal expenses of any kind.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation 30 days prior to the trip- 100% return.
- Cancellation 15 days prior to the trip- 50% return.
- Cancellation less than 15 days prior to the trip- No Refund.
- Cancellation policy in case of inclement weather :-
In case of rough weather, we (Adventure Singh) have the full discretion, whether to go ahead with the trip/expedition or not. In case of cancellation due to rough weather, we will provide you with an alternate trip. The dates and the cost of trip may vary. In such cases following will apply:-
a. Cost of alternate trip > Cost of booked trip: Customer has to pay extra difference in cost
b. Cost of alternate trip < Cost of booked trip: Customer will be paid back the extra difference in cost.
c. In case we (Adventure Singh) are unable to find a replacement for the trip, customer will get the full refund.
Things to Carry
- A pair of sports shoes
- 2 pair of woolen socks
- 2 pair of cotton socks
- 2 sweatshirts
- 1 Track pants
- A pair of chapalls/slippers
- Cold cream
- Sunscreen lotion(SPF-50 or higher)
- Tooth paste and tooth brush
- Liquid soap and shampoo sachets
- Face wash
- Water bottle/Sipper
- Rain coat
- Ruck sack bag.
- Diamox (Acetazolamide) – Used as a prophylactic for acute mountain sickness and as an aid for acclimatization.
- Crocin Pain Relief – Relief from pain/ache and fever.
- Brufen (400mg) – Relief from mild to severe body pain.
- Entroquinol – Relief from Diarrhea (Mild).
- Streptsils Lozenges – Chewable tablets for sore throat.
- Relispray – Ayurvedic spray for aches and sprains.
- Lip guard
P.S-Take necessary instructions from your family doctor before taking any of the above mentioned tablets.