Ladakh is well known for its picturesque and captivating beauty and one of the elements of its charm are its lakes that are real treat to the eyes. If you have seen 3 idiots, then you must have remembered that lake at the end, no wonder you can find that (Pangong) lake in Ladakh.
Ladakh has four major lakes that can be explored by whoever possess the zeal to do so. These lakes include Panggong Tso (4,350m), Tsomorragi Lake (4,595m), Tso Kar Lake (4,620m), Thatsangkaru Lake (4,500m).
Here goes your itinerary
Day 1: Arrival at Leh
After arrival at Leh Airport, Our AS representative will greet you and brief you along the way to Hotel. He will brief you about the tour plan, local weather and dos and don’ts. Check In and take rest to acclimatize well. Acclimatization walk in the evening in the local market.
Day 2: At and Around Leh
Today we cover famous places in and around Leh like Thikshey Monastery, Shey Palace, Stok palace, 3 Idiots School and Shanti Stupa. Drive Back to Hotel in the evening for dinner. You can stroll around the Leh market after the Dinner.
Day 3: Leh – Khardung La (5359m) – Nubra Valley
Today we go the land of Double Humped Camels i.e Hunder (Nubra Valley). Along the way we will cross the Highest Motor-able road Khardung La. We won’t be spending time at the Khardung La Top today, because of acclimatization issues. Relax and spend your evening on the sand dunes of the Hunder and enjoy the ride of the double Humped Camels. Sky lit up by the countless stars makes for a perfect treat for the star gazers.
Distance Covered: 140 kms.
Day 4: Back to Leh
Track back the same route to get to Leh. We will visit Dikshet Monastery and spend some time at the Khardung La Top along the way. Indian answer to the Grand Canyon can be seen along the way between North Pallu and Dikshet.
Distance Covered: 140 kms
Day 5: Leh – Chang La — Pangong
Today we will take a journey to the serene Trans Himalayan Lake, Pangong Tso. Tso in local language means Lake. Enjoy, Have fun, Take a snap/dip at the 3 Idiots point. Camping in the middle of Himalayas under the cover of million stars on the shores of the bluetiful lake will make for unforgettable memoirs.
Distance Covered: 150 kms.
Day 6: Pangong – Tsomoriri
Today we will drive along the Pangong Lake for close to 30 Kms, before we take right towards small villages of Man, Merak and Chusul to get to another High altitude Lake, TsoMoriri. Unlike Pangong it’s a fresh water lake. Night stay at TsoMoriri.
Distance Covered: 200 kms
Day 7: Tsomoriri – Leh
Today we track back to Leh. Along the way we will cover some section of the moore plains and the world’s second highest motor-able road, Tanglang La. We will take a break at upshi for lunch. Then we will drive along the Indus River to reach Leh. Night stay at Leh.
Day 8: Departure
Post breakfast, checkout from Hotel and you will be dropped at Leh Airport.
- Conquer the first, second and third highest motor-able roads of the world: Khardung La, Tanglang La and Chang La
- Visit the Pangong Lake. The trans-boundary 130 kms long blue watered lake surrounded by snow clad mountains. The same lake featured in Bollywood flicks, ‘3-idiots’ and ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’. It is the Highest Salt Water Lake in the world also.
- Camping on the Shores of the Beautiful Pangong Lake.
- Experience the culture and monasteries of the Little Tibet of India, Ladakh.
- Visit to Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Shanti Stupa, Thikshey Monastery, Hall Of Fame and Magnetic Hill and Shey Palace.
- Carefully crafted itinerary giving us appropriate time to keep our mind and body relaxed and acclimatized to enjoy this beautiful and long journey to the fullest and to experience local delicacies and culture even better.
- Meal Plan MAP. (7 Breakfast, 7 Dinner)
- Accommodation in Hotels, Lodges, American Safari Tents on Double/Triple Sharing Basis.
- Camping at Hunder and Pangong Tso.
- First Aid Kit.
- Parking and Permit charges of any kind will be excluded.
- Personal expense of any kind.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion section.
Things to carry
- A pair of sports shoes
- 2 pair of woolen socks
- 2 pair of cotton socks
- 2 sweatshirts
- 1 Track pants
- A pair of chapalls/slippers
- Cold cream
- Sunscreen lotion(SPF-50 or higher)
- Tooth paste and tooth brush
- Liquid soap and shampoo sachets
- Water bottle/Sipper
- Rain coat
- Ruck sack bag
- Diamox(Acetazolamide) – Used as a prophylactic for acute mountain sickness and as an aid for acclimatization.
- Crocin Pain relief – Relief from pain/ache and fever.
- Brufen(400mg) – Relief from mild to severe body pain.
- Entroquinol – Relief from loose motion(Mild).
- Streptsils Lozenges – Chewable tablets for sore throat.
- Relispray – Ayurvedic spray for aches and sprains.
P.S-Take necessary instructions from your family doctor before taking any of the above mentioned tablets.
Phone service and Connectivity
- Only postpaid connections work here.
- Only Airtel or B.S.N.L provide services.
- Other service provider in roaming agreement with the above two also provide service there.
- You can check with your service provider and get the documentation done.
- You can use telephone booths all along or use telephone booths.
- Obviously Adventure Singh will be there during all emergency situations.
- Please consult a physician for the use of Diamox as it is a sulpha Drug and allergic people may face problem by the use of this medicine.
- Day One is kept for Acclimatization purpose, Please make sure you don’t physically exert yourself.
- People having asthma and other cardiac problems, please consult a doctor regarding the effects of AMS and Carry your medicines separately.
We plan our trips with all R&D and make every effort to make your trip memorable and adventurous. We have to take unpredictability of weather and rough topography into consideration as well. Trip cost may vary if the days are extended due to unforeseen circumstances as we have to make alternate arrangements.