A barren land, yet exquisite! Confused? Ladakh, “the land of high passes” beholds such beauty that can take you to oblivion of serenity.
Snow capped mountains and clear blue skies glorify this place even more. Breathtaking endless beauty of Ladakh is best enjoyed between July to September, when the temperature is favorable and the nature is at its best.
Here goes your itinerary
Day 1: Arrival at Leh
After arrival at Leh Airport, Our AS representative will greet you and drop at the specified Hotel. He will give you briefing about the tour plan, local weather and dos and don’ts. Check In and take rest to acclimatize well. Acclimatization walk in the evening in the local market.
Day 2: At and Around Leh
Today we cover famous places in and around Leh like Shey Palace, Magnetic Hill, Gurudwara Paththar Sahib, Hall Of Fame and Shanti Stupa. Magnetic hill, Hall Of Fame and Gurudwara Paththar sahib lies on NH1 which extends till Srinagar. Shanti stupa was built by Japanese Bhikshu in 1991. Drive Back to Hotel in the evening for dinner. You can explore the Leh market after the Dinner.
Distance Covered: 140 kms.
Day 3: Leh – Khardung La (5359m) – Nubra Valley
Today we set out for a journey to the cold deserts of Nubra Valley. We will cross the Highest Motor-able road Khardung La along the way. Today we won’t spend time at the Khardung la Top. We will do that on our return Journey. Relax and spend your evening on the sand dunes of the Hunder and enjoy the ride of the double Humped Camels. Camping by the side of the cold sand dunes of hunder will make for an unforgettable night.
Day 4: Back to Leh
Track back the same route to get to Leh. We will visit Dikshet Monastery and spend some time at the Khardung La Top along the way. One can also see the Grand Canyon like Landscape between Dikshet and Northe pallu. It is not that huge in terms of area and size but definitely worth a visit. Overnight stay in Leh.
Distance Covered: 140 kms.
Day 5: Leh – Chang La — Pangong
Today we will travel through the third highest one of the toughest Motor-able road (Changla) to get to the serene Pangong Lake. After crossing Chang La, we will take a break at Tangtse for lunch. Changthang region is also famous for its nomads and marmots (large squirrels). This region is home to Changpa, nomadic Tibetan people. Camping on the shores of the lake will make your trip memorable.
Distance Covered: 150 kms.
Day 6: Pangong – Leh
Track Back the Same route to get to Leh. Today you will be having a whole day to explore local market and leisure around. Night stay at Leh.
Distance Covered: 150 kms
Day 7: Departure
Post Breakfast, checkout from Hotel and you will be dropped at Leh Airport.
- Conquer the highest motor-able road of the world: Khardung La, 5540 mts. above sea level.
- Visit the Pangong Lake. The trans-boundary 130 kms long blue watered lake surrounded by snow clad mountains. The same lake featured in Bollywood flicks, ‘3-idiots’ and ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’. It is the Highest Salt Water Lake in the world also.
- Camping on the Shores of the Beautiful Pangong Lake.
- Experience the culture and monasteries of the Little Tibet of India, Ladakh.
- Visit to Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Shanti Stupa, Thikshey Monastery, Hall Of Fame and Magnetic Hill and Shey Palace.
- Carefully crafted itinerary giving us appropriate time to keep our mind and body relaxed and acclimatized to enjoy this beautiful and long journey to the fullest and to experience local delicacies and culture even better.
- Meal Plan MAP. (6 Breakfast, 6 Dinner)
- Accommodation in Hotels, Lodges, American Safari Tents on Double/Triple Sharing Basis.
- First Aid Kit.
- Parking and Permit charges of any kind will be excluded.
- Personal expense of any kind.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion section.
Things to carry
- A pair of sports shoes
- 2 pair of woolen socks
- 2 pair of cotton socks
- 2 sweatshirts
- 1 Track pants
- A pair of chapalls/slippers
- Cold cream
- Sunscreen lotion(SPF-50 or higher)
- Tooth paste and tooth brush
- Liquid soap and shampoo sachets
- Water bottle/Sipper
- Rain coat
- Ruck sack bag
- Diamox(Acetazolamide) – Used as a prophylactic for acute mountain sickness and as an aid for acclimatization.
- Crocin Pain relief – Relief from pain/ache and fever.
- Brufen(400mg) – Relief from mild to severe body pain.
- Entroquinol – Relief from loose motion(Mild).
- Streptsils Lozenges – Chewable tablets for sore throat.
- Relispray – Ayurvedic spray for aches and sprains.
P.S-Take necessary instructions from your family doctor before taking any of the above mentioned tablets.
Phone service and Connectivity
- Only postpaid connections work here.
- Only Airtel or B.S.N.L provide services.
- Other service provider in roaming agreement with the above two also provide service there.
- You can check with your service provider and get the documentation done.
- You can use telephone booths all along or use telephone booths.
- Obviously Adventure Singh will be there during all emergency situations.
- Please consult a physician for the use of Diamox as it is a sulpha Drug and allergic people may face problem by the use of this medicine.
- Day One is kept for Acclimatization purpose, Please make sure you don’t physically exert yourself.
- People having asthma and other cardiac problems, please consult a doctor regarding the effects of AMS and Carry your medicines separately.
We plan our trips with all R&D and make every effort to make your trip memorable and adventurous. We have to take unpredictability of weather and rough topography into consideration as well. Trip cost may vary if the days are extended due to unforeseen circumstances as we have to make alternate arrangements.