In the lap of the Himalayan Ranges lies this pass at an altitude of 4264m that is known for its scenic beauty.
Kauri which means “doorway” is actually a doorway to heaven and the trekkers who wish to explore beyond this doorway can visit the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand and can begin their journey of scenic benediction.
Here goes your Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival: Drive from Haridwar to Joshimath (266kms Drive)
- Assemble at the Railway Station in Haridwar.
- Today we drive straight to Joshimath which is also known as Jyotirmath where you lodge for some much needed rest before commencing the Kuari Pass Trek.
- This beautiful hill station has an altitude of around 6150 feet from the sea level, and it is located in Indian state of Uttrakhand.
- It is just few miles away from the pilgrimage town of Badrinath.
- On the way to Joshimath you can visit Devpryag, Rudraprayag, Karnpryag.
- Take your meals on the way. Overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 02: Joshimath to Chitrakhana (Trek for 6-7 hours)
- Post freshening up in the morning, board a car and travel for about 12 kms to Dhak village.
- After a short trek from Dhak village you will find shepherd trails with the Dhauliganga River filled with boulders flowing through and forested hills lining its banks.
- In the distance, you will be able to see the peak of Chaukhamba.
- After a small halt near Tugasi Village, you will continue your Kuari Pass Trek.
- It is a gradual and long climb through the mountains to this picturesque camping site Chitrakhana.
- By reaching your first campsite Chitrakhana, set up tents and stay here for the night.
Day 03: Chitrakhana to Tali Top (Trek for 4 hours)
- After breakfast start trek to our next destination Tali Top.
- The distance we travel will be about 6 kms.
- The mountains surrounding this spot are Mt. Doonagiri and Mt. Nanda Devi.
- After walking for about four hours, we will finally reach our destination.
- On the north face of the Mt. Nanda Devi, we will camp at Tali Top.
- Overnight stay in tents.
Day 4: Tali Top to Kuari Pass and back to Tali Top (Trek for 8 hours)
- Today is the longest and the most important day of the Kuari Pass trekking.
- As it will take you near our main destination Kuari Pass and then back to Tali Top.
- After having breakfast start trek to Kuari Pass.
- After one hour easy trek you will reach Khullar.
- After travelling our way across the snow patch we will reach our destination Kuari Pass.
- Now trek back to the same route to our last campsite Tali Top.
- Overnight stay in tents.
Day 5: Tali Top to Joshimath via Auli (Trek for 4-5 hours)
- Have some food in the morning and start trek to Joashimath.
- Today we will trek through the famous meadows of Gurson alongside Rishi Ganga River.
- Trek through the downhill trails to reach a motorable road where we meet our driver waiting for us to drive us to Joshimath.
- We go through the popular hill station and destination for skiing Auli.
- Reach Joshimath and stay for the night in Hotel.
Day 6: Departure: Joshimath to Haridwar (266kms drive)
- Early morning after breakfast drive back the same route to reach Haridwar.
- Transportation from Haridwar to Haridwar.
- All meals while on trek (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) (Vegetarian, Egg).
- All entry fees and permits.
- Accommodation in Guest house and camping during Trek.
- Qualified & mountaineering certified trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
- First aid medical kits.
- Trek equipments (Sleeping Bag, Inner, Mattress, Tents, Kitchen Tent, Dinning Tent, Toilet Tent).
- Personal Expense of any kind.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the “Inclusions” section.
- Cost of any form of insurance, rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation 30 days prior to the trip- 100% return.
- Cancellation 15 days prior to the trip- 50% return.
- Cancellation less than 15 days prior to the trip- No Refund.
- Cancellation policy in case of inclement weather :-
In case of rough weather, we (Adventure Singh) have the full discretion, whether to go ahead with the trip/expedition or not. In case of cancellation due to rough weather, we will provide you with an alternate trip. The dates and the cost of trip may vary. In such cases following will apply:-
a. Cost of alternate trip > Cost of booked trip: Customer has to pay extra difference in cost
b. Cost of alternate trip < Cost of booked trip: Customer will be paid back the extra difference in cost.
c. In case we (Adventure Singh) are unable to find a replacement for the trip, customer will get the full refund.
Things to Carry
- A pair of sports shoes
- 2 pair of woolen socks
- 2 pair of cotton socks
- 2 sweatshirts
- 1 Track pants
- A pair of chapalls/slippers
- Cold cream
- Sunscreen lotion(SPF-50 or higher)
- Tooth paste and tooth brush
- Liquid soap and shampoo sachets
- Face wash
- Water bottle/Sipper
- Rain coat
- Ruck sack bag.
- Diamox (Acetazolamide) – Used as a prophylactic for acute mountain sickness and as an aid for acclimatization.
- Crocin Pain Relief – Relief from pain/ache and fever.
- Brufen(400mg) – Relief from mild to severe body pain.
- Entroquinol – Relief from loose motion(Mild).
- Streptsils Lozenges – Chewable tablets for sore throat.
- Relispray – Ayurvedic spray for aches and sprains.
- Lip guard
P.S-Take necessary instructions from your family doctor before taking any of the above mentioned tablets.