Bir Billing is known to be one of the best paragliding sites in the world. It features in the top ten lists of world’s best sites which includes Como Lake in Italy, Interlaken in Alps and Pokhara in Himalayan region of Nepal. Thermals in this region are so strong, that on a perfect weather some professional gliders cross the Dhauladhars and get to the other side into the Kullu valley riding from one ridge to another, covering close to 100 Kms a day.
Bir is a small Himalayan town on the foothills of the mighty Dhauladhar range famously known for its ecotourism, spirituality and meditation centers. This tiny town is deluged by Para-gliders across the globe throughout the year, especially in the months of September, October and November. Chaugan, a small place close to Bir serve as the landing site for the Para-gliders.
Billing named after a Scottish officer is a small meadow which is 14 kms uphill from Bir. This place provides a perfect platform for camping and take-off site for Para-gliders.
If you are looking for a thrilling weekend getaway in the Himalayas, Paragliding in Bir Billing would definitely top the list.
- Accommodation 1 Night.
- Paragliding Gear and Equipment.
- Transportation to and from the Take Off and Landing Sites
- Meal/services not mentioned.
- Alcohol, Soft Drinks, Bottled Water, beverages etc.
- Cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances.
- Anything that’s not mentioned in the Inclusion section.
Things to Carry
- 1 Track pants
- A pair of chapalls/slippers
- Cold cream
- Anything to keep you warm.
Other Places Of Interest
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation 30 days prior to the trip- 100% return.
- Cancellation 15 days prior to the trip- 50% return.
- Cancellation less than 15 days prior to the trip- No Refund.
- Cancellation policy in case of inclement weather :-
In case of rough weather, we (Adventure Singh) have the full discretion, whether to go ahead with the trip/expedition or not. In case of cancellation due to rough weather, we will provide you with an alternate trip. The dates and the cost of trip may vary. In such cases following will apply:-
a. Cost of alternate trip > Cost of booked trip: Customer has to pay extra difference in cost
b. Cost of alternate trip < Cost of booked trip: Customer will be paid back the extra difference in cost.
c. In case we (Adventure Singh) are unable to find a replacement for the trip, customer will get the full refund.