The most delightful thing about Ladakh is its scenic views and amazing roads that drags the bike enthusiasts and off roaders to reach the world’s highest motor able roads of Khardung La and to admire the exquisiteness of Pangong Lake.
Ladakh is one of the few places in India where ancient Buddhist Monasteries can still be found.
Here goes your itinerary
Day 1: Arrival at Leh
Our representative will pick you from the airport and drop at the specified Hotel. Check In and take rest to acclimatize well. Acclimatization walk in the evening in the local market.
Day 2: At and Around Leh
After Breakfast we will set out for local leh tour. Today we cover famous places like Thikshey Monastery, Shey Palace, Magnetic Hill, Gurudwara Paththar Sahib, Hall Of Fame and Shanti Stupa. Shanti stupa is built on the top of the hill and is visible from the Leh City. We will be back in the evening for dinner. You can explore the Leh market after the Dinner.
Day 3: Leh – Khardung La (5359m) – Leh
Khardung La needs no introduction. This is world’s highest motor-able road and pinnacle point for all the bikers and cyclists around the world. Make sure you don’t spend more than 30 mins over the top to reduce the effects of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness). Track Back the Same route to get to Leh. Drive back to Hotel for overnight stay.
Distance Covered: 85 kms.
Day 4: Leh – Chang La — Pangong — Leh
Today we will start early from Leh and travel through the third highest Motor-able road (Changla) to get to the serene Changthang region and the beautiful Pangong Lake. Do stop at the Marmot watching point and the first view point of the lake. Enjoy the Photo session at the famous 3 Idiots Point. You can also get a view of the monastery at the mountain top from the camps. Track back the same route to get to Leh for overnight stay in Leh.
Distance Covered: 300 kms.
Day 5: Departure
Post breakfast, checkout from Hotel and you will be dropped at Leh Airport.
- Conquer the highest motor-able road of the world: Khardung La, 5540 mts. above sea level.
- Visit the Pangong Lake. The trans-boundary 130 kms long blue watered lake surrounded by snow clad mountains. The same lake featured in Bollywood flicks, ‘3-idiots’ and ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’. It is the Highest Salt Water Lake in the world also.
- Experience the culture and monasteries of the Little Tibet of India, Ladakh.
- Visit to Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Shanti Stupa, Thikshey Monastery, Hall Of Fame and Magnetic Hill and Shey Palace.
- Carefully crafted itinerary giving us appropriate time to keep our mind and body relaxed and acclimatized to enjoy this beautiful and long journey to the fullest and to experience local delicacies and culture even better.
- Meal Plan MAP. (4 Breakfast, 4 Dinner)
- Accommodation in Hotels, Lodges, American Safari Tents on Double/Triple Sharing Basis.
- First Aid Kit.
- Parking and Permit charges of any kind will be excluded.
- Personal expense of any kind.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion section.
- Cancellation 30 days prior to the trip- 100% return.
- Cancellation 15 days prior to the trip- 50% return.
- Cancellation less than 15 days prior to the trip- No Refund.
- Cancellation policy in case of inclement weather:-
In case of rough weather, we (Adventure Singh) have the full discretion, whether to go ahead with the trip/expedition or not. In case of cancellation due to rough weather, we will provide you with an alternate trip. The dates and the cost of trip may vary. In such cases following will apply:-
a. Cost of alternate trip > Cost of booked trip: Customer has to pay extra difference in cost
b. Cost of alternate trip< Cost of booked trip: Customer will be paid back the extra difference in cost.
c. In case we (Adventure Singh) are unable to find a replacement for the trip, customer will get the full refund.
Things to carry
- A pair of sports shoes
- 2 pair of woolen socks
- 2 pair of cotton socks
- 2 sweatshirts
- 1 Track pants
- A pair of chapalls/slippers
- Cold cream
- Sunscreen lotion(SPF-50 or higher)
- Tooth paste and tooth brush
- Liquid soap and shampoo sachets
- Water bottle/Sipper
- Rain coat
- Ruck sack bag
- Diamox(Acetazolamide) – Used as a prophylactic for acute mountain sickness and as an aid for acclimatization.
- Crocin Pain relief – Relief from pain/ache and fever.
- Brufen(400mg) – Relief from mild to severe body pain.
- Entroquinol – Relief from loose motion(Mild).
- Streptsils Lozenges – Chewable tablets for sore throat.
- Relispray – Ayurvedic spray for aches and sprains.
P.S-Take necessary instructions from your family doctor before taking any of the above mentioned tablets.
Phone service and Connectivity
- Only postpaid connections work here.
- Only Airtel or B.S.N.L provide services.
- Other service provider in roaming agreement with the above two also provide service there.
- You can check with your service provider and get the documentation done.
- You can use telephone booths all along or use telephone booths.
- Obviously Adventure Singh will be there during all emergency situations.
- Please consult a physician for the use of Diamox as it is a sulpha Drug and allergic people may face problem by the use of this medicine.
- Day One is kept for Acclimatization purpose, Please make sure you don’t physically exert yourself.
- People having asthma and other cardiac problems, please consult a doctor regarding the effects of AMS and Carry your medicines separately.
We plan our trips with all R&D and make every effort to make your trip memorable and adventurous. We have to take unpredictability of weather and rough topography into consideration as well. Trip cost may vary if the days are extended due to unforeseen circumstances as we have to make alternate arrangements.