Beas Kund is a place of historical significance, Beas Kund is one of the most beautiful places in the Dhauladhar range (literally “the white range”) of the mighty Himalayas. Besides being regarded as sacred, Beas Kund is where the river Beas originates from and offer spectacular views of the nearby located Shitidhar, Ladakhi, Friendship and Hanuman Tibba peaks. One of the most alluring treks in the Kullu region, the trail offers panoramic views of the Pir Pangal range as well, and follows the banks of the river Beas. This is one of the most popular short treks through the Solang valley and takes you through an expanse of picturesque mountain landscapes.
“Beas” is a derivative form of the name of the legendary author Maharishi Vyas who scripted the noted epic Mahabharata. The name has been christened to the famous river originating from the Beas Kund and proves to be the remarkable destination for the trekkers and the tourists.
Here goes your Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival at Manali
- After reaching the camp location our AS representative will greet you.
- Briefing and necessary registration process will be done after reaching the cottages. Thereafter enjoy a walk to Manali town, and then trek back to the camp location.
- In the evening enjoy an orientation regarding the trek by the chief organizer will be provided which will be mainly about the ruck sack packing, marching/walking technique and general awareness about the trek route.
- Overnight stay in Manali.
Day 02: Manali to Dhudhi to Bakarthatch
- After reaching Manali, we start with a short drive from Manali to Solang Nala which is 12 kms and will be the starting point of the journey.
- From here, we start walking to Dhundi. The entire route after Solang nala offers spectacular views of snowcapped mountains.
- From Solang Nala the route is through forest of oak, fir and walnuts. This is a level walk of 8 kms along the right bank of river Beas.
- Now we start a small yet treacherous trek of 5km from Dhundi to Bakrathatch (3270m). The peaks visible enroute are Deo Tibba (6001m) and Indrasan peak (6220m). It would be a lush trail with great Himalayan peaks like 7 sisters always visible on one side.
- We camp at Bakarthatch which serves as first base camp for all the covering peaks.
Day 03: Arrival at Beas Kund and Back
- After breaking camps early we climb gently to Beas Kund.
- The route is through boulders and rocks in summers & through snow in winters.
- After a trek of 4-5 hours we will see the beautiful lake of Beas Kund.
- This lake is believed to be the source of River Beas. Beas kund is also the base camp for summit peaks like Friendship, Ladakhi & Shitidhar.
- After spending some time clicking pictures & having some food here, we head back to our camp in Bakarthatch.
Day 4: Arrival at Solang Nala and Departure
- Today we descend to Solang Nala by the same route that was used for coming up.
- From Solang Nala, we drive back to Manali.
- You will be dropped at Manali bus stand by late evening.
- Accommodation (Camping/ Guest House).
- Meals while on trek (Veg.) and Manali stay.
- All Permits.
- Trekking equipment.
- Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff to help trekkers.
- First aid medical kits.
- Delhi to Manali and Manali to Delhi Volvo.
- Meal on the way to/ from Manali
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the “Inclusions” section.
- Cost of any form of insurance, rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
Not suitable for: Heart Patient, paralyzed Patient, pregnant women, Asthmatics or any other
medical conditions that limits person from participating in adventure sports
Dos and Don’ts
- A strict NO to your Denims – they are not suitable for treks, besides it adds weight.
- NO to Snacks, Colas, Alcohol and Personal Food – Don’t overweight yourself with them.
- NO to any Disposable Plastic Bottles, plastic wrapped/packaged items & Non Bio-Degradable material.
- While at the trek enjoy the view. Do not litter and leave the place in the same condition for other trekkers and next generation coming after you to enjoy.
- Strict NO to touching or handling of any of the Skeletal remains that you may come
- Do weigh your Gears post packing. It should not exceed the range of 8-9 kg – preferably on the lighter side.
- Travel light and carry what is essential. For example, toothpaste should be bought in small size (that can last you 10 days).The list given here are exactly what you need and nothing more.
- We carry High Altitude Sleeping Bags with us hence please do not carry yours. We would also be carrying tents and other equipment required for such treks.
- Some Common advice about Clothing:
- To protect you from cold, dressing in layers is the ‘Catch’. Two T-shirts worn one over the other is warmer than a T-shirt that is thick. 3 T-shirts worn one over the other is as good as a full sweater. This is just a suggestion. If you are prone to cold carry an extra sweater.
- An identification card (like Driving License, Voters ID card, Passport etc), along with a photocopy, Passport Size Photos, a Medical Certificate and Disclaimer Certificate.
- All mentioned DOCUMENTS are MANDATORY, without which you won’t be allowed to trek.
- Max Altitude: 3690 metres
- Best Season: May / June / July / Aug / Sep / Oct
- Grade: Easy / Moderate
- Approx Trekking KM: 33km
- From Manali there is a great range of treks out of the Kullu valley, including a short foray to the ancient community of Malana, an extended itinerary from Jagatsukh to the Hampta valley to Lahaul or a traverse of the Himalaya to the trans Himalayan region of Spiti.
- Dominating the regions topography are the Dhaula Dhar, Pir Panjal and Great Himalayan Ranges. The Himalaya National Park is east of the Kullu Valley and includes the upper sections of the Parvati valley. The Manali Sanctuary extends to the upper elevations of the Bara Bangal and the Pir Panjal ranges.
- The best chance of viewing wildlife is in the national Parks and Sanctuaries. The ibex and markhor tend to seek out the highest crags above the Alpine meadows, while Serow, Goral and Musk Deer are found in the more secluded forest above the Kullu valley. Brown Bears are seen in the birch corpses, while the Black Bears and forest Leopards are found in the Oak and Conifer forest not far from the Villages.
- Treks out of the Kullu valley provide fine opportunities to appreciate wild flowers. These include the meadows in the vicinity of the Chandra Khani Pass, Kali Hind Pass and the Alpine reaches of the Hampta valley.
- The trek to the Hampta valley savors dramatic views of Deo Tibba 6001 meters and Indraasan 6221 meters. The trek also provides excellent opportunity to acclimatize before trekking to Singola or connecting up the Chandra valley to complete the trek to Chandra Taal and the Baralacha La.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation 30 days prior to the trip- 100% return.
- Cancellation 15 days prior to the trip- 50% return.
- Cancellation less than 15 days prior to the trip- No Refund.
- Cancellation policy in case of inclement weather :-
In case of rough weather, we (Adventure Singh) have the full discretion, whether to go ahead with the trip/expedition or not. In case of cancellation due to rough weather, we will provide you with an alternate trip. The dates and the cost of trip may vary. In such cases following will apply:-
a. Cost of alternate trip > Cost of booked trip: Customer has to pay extra difference in cost
b. Cost of alternate trip < Cost of booked trip: Customer will be paid back the extra difference in cost.
c. In case we (Adventure Singh) are unable to find a replacement for the trip, customer will get the full refund.
Things to Carry
- Rucksack 60-70 Liters
- Cold protection (Fleece jackets)
- Water Proof cum Wind Cheater Jacket
- Long Woolen socks
- Trekking Shoes – Forclaz 500/600
- Water Proof Gloves
- Trekking Poles
- Water Bags
- Camera, Memory-Cards, Batteries etc (Batteries carry enough spares. You won’t get Electricity on slopes)
- Slippers/Sandals (for walking around campsite)
- Energy bars (dry fruit pouches are better than 5 Star/Munch).
- Plastic bags for wet clothes.
- Leak proof Tiffin Box, a Plate, Spoon and Coffee Mug.
- Physical preparation is mandatory for this trek. Regular Jogging, Stretching Exercises, Cardio
Personal Medicine Kit Containing:
- Dolo 650 – 10 Tablets
- Avomine – 1 Strip
- Avil 25mg – 6 Tablets
- Diamox – @ 3 Tablets/day 30 tablets
- Combiflam – 5 Tablets
- Disprin – 10 Tablets
- Norflox TZ- 10 Tablets
- Spasmoproxyvon – 6 Tablets
- Crepe Bandage – 3 to 5 meters
- Band Aid – 10 strips
- Zintac 300 – 10 tablets
- Gauze cloth – 1 small role
- Leukoplast – 1 small roll
- Cotton – 1 small roll
- ORS – 5 packets
- Betadine cream
- Aqua pure Tablets – 1 bottle
- Moov spray
P.S-Take necessary instructions from your family doctor before taking any of the above mentioned tablets.