Welcome to the Royal state of Rajasthan famously known as the “Land of the Kings”.An ethereal land of Maharajas and an austere legacy of beauty and mystery surround the largest state in Indian Territory.
Rajasthan’s sultry desert soil speaks of a time forgotten over decades but yet cocooned in an immense history of art, culture and religion. Over the period the palettes of this diverse land have undergone many changes some as a force of nature others more natural and gradual. To truly imbibe and ravish in the experience that is Rajasthan one must explore all its magnificent aspects from the magnanimous Aravalli ranges to excavating its many awe-inspiring temples, forts and palaces.
Rajasthan houses various attractions and activities for the tourists and these activities and attractions include jungle safaris, camel safaris, Desert Safaris and Hot air Ballooning. Lists of such activities that are must if you visit Rajasthan are as follows:
1. Jungle Safari: Rajasthan houses the most famous of the wildlife sanctuaries and national parks in India. These sanctuaries and parks cover 9,161.21 Sq.km. of area of Rajasthan and the tourists can visit these sanctuaries and parks which host various jeeps and canter safaris that provide the visitors with the feel of the wilderness and the life of the wild animals very closely.
Some of the famous national parks are:
- Ranthambore National Park.
- Keoladeo National Park.
- Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Desert Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary.
2. Camel/Desert Safari: The Thar Desert is the biggest attraction of Rajasthan and the barren desert and sand dunes drifts of Thar will overwhelm you by its beauty, charm, colours and fragrances. You will come closer to the real culture and tradition of Rajasthan, as the camel safari will enter deeper & deeper into the land. The camel safari will acquaint you with the desert life.
Places : Jaisalmer, Bikaner, Pushkar, Mandawa, Deshnok
3. Hot Air Ballooning: If you have explored Rajasthan terrestrially then it is time to explore it through sky. The Hot air balloon safaris in Rajasthan provides for the complete view of the vastness of the state, its desert and its culture from the sky. Jaipur and Ranthambore are the best destinations where you can enjoy this unique adventure.
Places : Jaipur, Ranthambore.